The holidays and baking seem to go hand in hand. The warmth of the oven, the smell of amazing scents through the house and the anticipation of anxiously waiting helpers ready to devour what’s in the oven. And when they discover the treat is gluten free gingerbread, they will be jumping for joy!
One piece of gingerbread, warm and just out of the oven is just what a holiday baking bonanza needs. And this gluten free variety will knock you off yours socks with how amazing it tastes and how easily it comes together. It’s sure to become one of your favorite recipes.
One of the things that always sticks out with any gluten free recipe, but especially holiday baking ones, is the taste. Is it going to be delicious, reminiscent of pre-gluten free days? Will other people love it too? Fortunately at Gluten-Free-Bread.org, all the testing is done for you 🙂 Your breads and treats are sure to delight your crowd!
And this gluten free gingerbread recipe does not disappoint. With a moist texture, the perfect combination of homemade spice mix and the beautifully rich color, you may not even need the powdered sugar on top. Because of the light yet filling taste of this bread, it’s great for everyone to enjoy – even picky eaters!
Plus, start to finish, it takes less than an hour. So keep this one handy when you need something quick and easy to add to your baking platter.
Gluten Free Gingerbread
2 cups gluten free flour mix (use our light GF flour mix)
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
3 ½ Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. gingerbread mix
2 tsp. baking powder
7 oz. coconut milk (any milk will do, I needed to use up my coconut milk)
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease, or spray with cooking spray, a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the gluten free flour mix, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add the sugar, gingerbread spices and salt into the large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, blend the milk with the honey. Add oil and mix well.
- All at once, add the liquid to the flour mix and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 – 45 mins. (check the time after 35 – a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean)
Serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar on top. And a great big mug of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Check out Gluten Free Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread next!