It’s that time again.
Time when little princesses and super heroes take to the streets to enjoy all the fun and free candy that Halloween has to offer.
While you may not worry so much about the kind of candy that you give out to fellow trick or treaters, the candy your kids bring home is cause for concern. For kids who are super-sensitive to gluten, the fear of a candy mix up among friends can be worrisome.
But, it doesn’t have to spoil the fun of gathering as much candy as humanly possible and then searching through it all to find the perfect one to start with.
Here’s a nice list, adapted from Celiac Family, of all the Halloween candy you and your kids can enjoy till they (and you) are sugared-out!
List of Gluten Free Halloween Candy
- Almond and Mounds Bars
- Heath Bars
- Hershey’s Kisses and Nuggets (Candy Corn flavored candy, Caramel, Caramel Apple flavored filling, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate Meltaway, Pumpkin Spice, Hugs, Hugs & Kisses, Cherry Cordial Creme, Milk Chocolate with Almonds, Special Dark)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar and Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (except seasonal shapes)
- Scharffen Berger Bars (including 70% bittersweet chocolate, 82% extra dark chocolate, 41% milk chocolate, 62% semisweet dark, 99% unsweetened dark chocolate baking, 70% bittersweet baking chunks)
- SKOR and SKOR Toffee bar
- York Peppermint Patties (all flavors)
Just Born Inc.
- Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews (including Bite-Size Chewy Pieces Combo bag, Milk Chocolatey and Original Dark)
- Mike and Ike (including Hot Tamales, Jolly Joes snack size, Mummy’s Mix Chewy Fruit flavor, Original Fruit, Tangy Twister, Zours Chewy Sour candy)
- Peeps (including chocolate mousse-flavored cats, dark chocolate-covered pumpkins, dark chocolate-dipped orange chicks, ghosts marshmallow candy, milk chocolate-covered pumpkins, milk chocolate-dipped orange chips, mini marshmallow chicks, pumpkins marshmallow candy, sugar-free pumpkins marshmallow)
- Teenee Beanee jelly beans
Mars encourages consumers to read the label before purchasing and look for the “May contain [allergen]” label. During Halloween, some candy is produced at alternative facilities that may provide gluten cross-contamination risks.
- 3 Musketeers Bar (all flavors)
- Dove Chocolate (all flavors EXCEPT milk chocolate cinnamon graham and cookies & cream)
- M&M’s (all flavors except for pretzel-flavor)
- Milky Way Midnight Bar and Caramel Bar (Milky Way original is NOT gluten-free)
- Snickers Bar (all flavors)
- Banana Splits Chews
- Canada Mint, Wintergreen and Spearmint Lozenges
- Candy House Candy Buttons
- Haviland Thin Mints, Wintergreen Patty Nonpareils and Chocolate Starts Skybar
- Mary Jane (including peanut butter kisses)
- Mint Julep Chews
- Necco Chocolate Wafers
- Necco Wafers
- Baby Ruth
- Butterfinger (does NOT Include Butterfinger Crisp, Butterfinger Giant Bar, Butterfinger Medallions, Butterfinger Pumpkins, Butterfinger Snackerz)
- Nestle Bit-O-Honey
- Nestle Goobers
- Nestle Milk Chocolate
- Nestle Nips
- Nestle Oh Henry!
- Nestle Raisinets
- Nestle Sno-Caps
- Nestle Spree
- Nestle Treasures
- Wonka Bottlecaps
- Wonka Gobstoppers (including chewy and original)
- Wonka Laffy Taffy (including Fruitarts Chews and Laffy Taffy Rope)
- Wonka Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip
- Wonka Mix-Ups
- Wonka Nerds (including Nerds Gumballs and Nerds Rope)
- Wonka Pixy Stix
- Wonka Runts (including chewy and original)
- Wonka Shockers
- Wonka Sweetarts
- Endangered Species Chocolate (will be clearly labeled if gluten-free)
- Green & Black’s Organic chocolate bars (including almond, butterscotch, caramel, cherry, creamy milk, dark 85%, dark 70%, espresso, ginger, hazelnut and currant, Maya gold, milk chocolate, mint, raisin and hazelnut, white)
- Heavenly Organics (including Honey Pattie Chocolate Almond-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Ginger-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Mint-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Pomegranate-Healthy Candy
- Righteously Raw Chocolates (are labeled with the CSA Celiac Sprue Gluten-Free Certification label)
The entire SMARTIES line of products is gluten-free. Smarties suggests checking the UPC number. If it begins with “0 11206,” the product is manufactured in a gluten-free facility.
Tootsie Roll industries
All Tootsie products are gluten-free except for Andes Cookies.
All U.S. Wrigley products follow all FDA labeling regulations. If the use of gluten is critical to the taste of a Wrigley product, then gluten-containing ingredients are labeled. Wrigley advises consumers concerned with gluten sensitivities to read the label and check with their doctors if they have questions.
- Dum Dums lollipops
- Charms Blow Pops
- Jolly Ranchers
- Jelly Belly
- Life Savers
- Pop Rocks
- PayDay Bars
This is probably not an inclusive list, but as we scour for more ideas, we will add them.
Have a goulish, good time with all your candy! 🙂