Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits: Gum Free and Perfectly Seasoned
No one will ever know these gluten free cheddar bay biscuits are gluten free! They're perfectly seasoned, with a taste that keeps you coming back for more!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Cooling time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 10 large biscuits
- 2 cups gluten free bread’s light flour blend
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. psyllium husk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, psyllium husk, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix with a plastic whisk.
In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cheddar cheese.
Using a large scoop, measure equal portions of batter onto baking tray. Batter will make 10 large biscuits or 12 medium size biscuits.
Place tray in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 F. Bake biscuits for 17 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Brush over biscuits.
- Preheat the oven first as these biscuits will be baking in no time.
- Placing the biscuits in the refrigerator for a few minutes helps the biscuits bake up nice and tall rather than flattening with the warm butter and cheese.
- For the best gluten free cheddar bay biscuits, serve them warm.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12.8% | Vitamin C: 0.7% | Calcium: 24.2% | Iron: 7.1%