Soft and tender, these delicate mini gluten free sour cream biscuits are delightful with any meal.
Made with only 4 ingredients, these gluten free sour cream biscuits are a busy baker’s essential, go-to bread. And did I mention how easy they are?
They start with just some melted butter and sour cream. Then add in the bisquick and some psyllium husk powder and voila – you have delicious biscuits.
A little about these biscuits: We go waaayyy back. In fact, these were one of the first biscuits I ever made. And actually served to people! They were not gluten free, but I distinctly remember seeing a version of them in a cookbook long time ago and thinking that that was something even I could make.
Fast forward to the gluten free version and the recipe has changed slightly, but that just makes them better than ever.
The recipe makes 12 little bite size biscuits. Once you taste one, 12 might not be enough though!
Fortunately, doubling the recipe is easy. Use a larger bowl and portion the little bites of goodness into a 24 portion mini muffin tin.
There are two catches with these biscuits:
The reason is because I can’t vouch for any other bisquick mix. Some mixes have xanthan gum in them. Others use butter instead of shortening. I mixed up this version that a. does not have xanthan gum in it and b. uses shortening to give baked goods airy-ness. Plus since it’s homemade, there are no tricky preservatives to worry about.
2. They need to be eaten the same day.
Not that this will ever be a problem, but these are best if eaten the same day you make them. But considering how easy and quickly they come together – they can be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Now for the biscuits that everyone will love…
Gluten Free Sour Cream Biscuits
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup gluten free bread’s bisquick
- 2 tsp. psyllium husk powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and sour cream. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add the cup of gluten free bisquick and psyllium husk powder.
- Mix with a spoon until full combined.
- Drop teaspoons of batter into the mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Using our gluten free bisquick mix makes these biscuits super easy.
- Use a mini muffin pan for best results.
- Watch the muffins as the baking time could differ slightly depending on your oven.
[icon type=”vector” icon=”momizat-icon-arrow-right” size=”32″ hover_animation=”border_increase” ]Let me know if you make any of recipes by tagging Gluten Free Bread…
On Instagram: @gluten_free_bread
On Facebook: @MyGlutenFreeBread