If you’re as excited about Fall as I am, you’ll love this pumpkin bread recipe! Cool weather, yummy breads and warm sweaters… yay for Fall!
This recipe is a delicious twist on my gluten free pumpkin bread.
It’s made with pumpkin, lots of spices, buckwheat flour, coconut flour and, the best thing of all, tangy cranberries! Plus it’s dairy free! Prep is super easy – mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another and then mix them together.
Quick and easy and the result is a super moist pumpkin bread.
A few reasons why this is the gluten free pumpkin cranberry bread that should be on your table
Not as sugary as most
This gluten free pumpkin cranberry bread uses waaay less sugar than most pumpkin bread recipes, let alone quick bread recipes. Most of them are around the 2 cup mark for sugar so once you see the sugar content in this recipe, you’ll see why I’m not holding anything back in bragging that this recipe does NOT have that much sugar!
In fact, ½ cup brown sugar and ½ cup honey is all you need.
It makes a great gift
So this could be for any quick bread, right? They all make great gifts. Well, this one is the best one to gift! The reason why is because it stays moist for days. Several days and this is still a moist and tender bread.
Keep these loaves in the refrigerator for the best storage until gifting time.
Short prep time
Let’s face it, sometimes we just want a bread that’s easy. Something that doesn’t take an hour to rise. I bake every day and even I can agree with that!
Quick prep time is a nice added bonus with this pumpkin cranberry bread. It doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to prep and then it’s just a waiting game for it to bake. Nothing intense. Just easy going.
Gotta love that.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- ½ cup light buckwheat flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch 70g
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz. can unsweetened pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 – 1 ½ cups frozen whole cranberries still frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 4 ½ x 8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, honey, oil and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes using a hand mixer, until foamy.
- Add the pumpkin and water and beat for another minute.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until fully combined. Add in the baking soda and beat for 1 minute.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Let the bread cool in the baking pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.