Chock full of blueberries, this blueberry muffin bread gets its amazing flavor from a healthy dose of fresh blueberries.
You really should make this bread. You really, really should make this bread. And maybe make another loaf to hide it for yourself!
Everyone will eat it all up!
The delicious taste of blueberries and a slight crusty exterior make this bread a top contender for the most loved blueberry recipes. It has the right balance between sweet and not so sweet and doesn’t get soggy or crumble when you eat it (a problem we looked at in this article about crumbly breads).
In a few words, it’s just the perfect blueberry muffin. Only in a bread.
One of my favorite things about this bread is the slight crusty-ness of the top of the loaf.
It comes from the sugar, but really makes a for a nice brown, sweetened loaf.
When making this loaf, keep these things in mind:
Toss the blueberries in flour
A good coating of flour on the blueberries is almost like a secret ingredient. It helps keep the blueberries evenly distributed in the bread. And it prevents them from getting prematurely crushed and turning your entire loaf of bread blue.
Let the batter rest
Gluten free quick bread batter benefits from a little rest in between being fully mixed and folding in the fruit or nuts. The reason why is best explained with a little baking science… The scientific reason is that the rest time allows the starch molecules to fully absorb the liquid in the batter, which makes the batter swell and become thicker.
Giving the bread batter this time means that when you do fold in the blueberries, they won’t all sink to the bottom of the loaf.
Use the Gluten-Free-Bread flour blend
The gluten free flour blend we use here on the website has been specifically formulated to be an excellent all purpose flour blend. Our gluten free blueberry muffin bread turns out so tasty because, well, it’s a really good recipe with a really good flour blend. Use it!
And now for this delicious mouthwatering bread…
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread
A sweet, tender blueberry muffin in a loaf! Perfect as a snack or as breakfast, these big, thick slices will make for a happy day.
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bread’s flour blend
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour blend, baking powder, arrowroot flour and salt.
- With the stand mixer turned on, add in the flour to the butter mixture, alternatively with the buttermilk.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 – 55 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into it should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @gluten_free_bread on Instagram and hashtag it with #glutenfreebread so we can follow you too!