When your children or household need a gluten-free diet, it can be difficult to find healthy options that your kids will love. Here are some great choices that are not only healthy and easy to make, but also fun and delicious to eat!
- Corn tortillas with dip – Find (or make) tortillas that are totally gluten-free and you can make a delicious snack for your kids at any time of day. Pair the tortillas with some delicious pinto beans, guacamole, salsa, Pico de Gallo, or anything else your heart desires!
- Bread roll-ups – This snack is delicious and kids love it! All you need is some nice fluffy sandwich bread (corn or rice tortillas work great for this too), and whatever filling your little ones like to eat—fruit jam, peanut butter, honey, hummus, and avocado all make great options. Simply spread the filling on a piece of bread, roll it up, and serve!
- Homemade microwave pizza – This can be fun for the whole family to make. You can either make your own gluten-free pizza crust ahead of time (baked without any pizza ingredients on it), use a gluten-free corn tortilla, or any gluten-free bread or cracker that you usually eat. All you need to do to is top the crust with your kids’ favorite ingredients, pop it into the microwave or oven, and you’ll have a tasty treat in no time.
- Gluten-free crackers – Perhaps the easiest snack possible, simply put some gluten-free crackers together with cheese, pickles, tomatoes, peanut butter, or whatever else your children love.
- Gluten-free bagels – Spread some cream cheese, non-dairy spread, butter, jam, or anything else you can think of on a gluten-free bagel for a quick and easy snack to suit any time of day. Not sure which brand to buy? Here are our favorites.
- Gluten-free muffins – You can buy them in a store or make your own at home, and then simply serve and go. If you feel like baking, try our favorite recipes such as:
- Gluten-free crepe wraps – These are great to throw into kids’ lunches, or for an afternoon snack at home. All you need to do is prepare the crepes, and then roll up your favorite deli meats, cheeses, and vegetables (try turkey, provolone, lettuce, and tomato) for an instant delicious snack. To make things even faster, prepare the crepes ahead of time and store them in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Baked gluten-free donuts – Baking your own donuts at home allows you to give your family a nice treat that you know isn’t loaded with unhealthy vegetable oils. Try delicious double chocolate or pumpkin with your favorite toppings.
Just because your family is eating gluten-free doesn’t mean that they have to be restricted to snacks of carrots and celery. Try out these tasty bites to put into your children’s lunches or for whenever you just need a little boost.